If you read the New Testament, it doesn’t take long to discover that local church is all about authentic spiritual community. We're not called to live lives of isolation, but rather lives that demonstrate our love for one another. We long for relationships where we can keep it real, reach out together, care for each other, grow as followers of Jesus, and enjoy the journey of life together. Oakwood's groups are designed to help us experience transformation, in community, on mission.
Are you looking for a great place to connect with others right away? These groups are always open to newcomers, and they will help you build your community here at Oakwood. There are groups for certain life stages and groups for all generations! Check one of them out!
If we want to grow together as disciples of Jesus, it's essential that we gather with family and friends to get our fingerprints on the Bible, seeking to understand, obey and share what He's teaching us.
The Discovery Group process is designed to help us practice disciplemaking that multiplies. Around the world, everyday disciplemakers like us are partnering with the Spirit to birth disciplemaking movements, using discovery Bible study as a key tool.
Explore these questions with your group. Take time to study the Scripture below, which is connected to Sunday's message.
Check-in: Since we last met, how did your "I will..." and sharing go?
1. What are you thankful for? What challenge or stress are you facing? Do you know anyone who needs help at this time? As a group, how can we help?
2. Read the passage together (at least twice), and take turns retelling it in your own words as if sharing with a friend who isn't here.
3. What stands out to you and why? What do these verses tell us about God? What do these verses tell us about humanity/about us?
4. If this is God speaking, how will you apply it to your life? (Share a specific "I will...")
5. Who will you share with before we meet again? (Name a specific person you plan to share with.)