Giving at oakwood
Our desire to give is prompted by the Holy Spirit. Our practice of sacrificial giving illustrates the sacrifice Jesus made for us. Our consistency in giving declares that we are managers of what God has given to us and that we truly trust Him. And, as we give, we are reminded of what Jesus said, "It is more blessed to give than to receive." Our giving should be:
- Personal -- each one is to give responsibly
- Planned -- each one is to make giving a priority (not leftovers)
- Proportional -- each one is to give proportionally of his/her income
- Pleasing -- each one is to give from a cheerful (literally hilarious) heart
Giving Statements can be sent quarterly to provide information for tax purposes. The Financial Secretary is the only person who has access to contribution records. It is the policy of our pastors and elders to receive no reporting of individual giving. We respect giving as a personal response to God’s blessing and the individual’s commitment to God. We also recognize that the joy and challenge of giving is a process developed through the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
Ways to Give
When you give, you're not giving to Oakwood but rather through Oakwood so we can live out our mission to Love God, Love Others and Make Disciples. For your convenience, we provide several different ways for you to give.
- Texting – Simply text 262-320-3188. Standard message rates may apply.
- Online Giving – Click here to give online. It's secure with a log-in and two-factor identification. You can even set up recurring payments to make giving easier.
- Mail – You can mail a check to our church office.
- Online Bill Pay – Use the bill pay service through your bank. (It helps us if you put your name in the memo line.)
- Weekly offering – Donations are accepted during our Sunday morning worship experiences.
- Electronic Funds Transfer – Those desiring to have their funds electronically deposited to the church account each month can do so by completing a simple Authorization for Direct Payment form. Amounts can be designated for the general, benevolent, missions or building funds.
- Oakwood Church Perpetual Fund & Planned Giving – Contact the church office to learn more.