Marriage + Relationships
Relationships can be a source of so much joy! They can also be really hard.
Your marriage is one of the most important and valuable relationships you will have in your lifetime. A fulfilling marriage requires investing time and effort. It is important to make an honest commitment to your relationship, even before marriage. Successful relationships require trust, honesty, communication, understanding, patience, and sharing.
Oakwood’s Marriage Ministry Team provides mentoring to help nurture your relationship and promote a lasting marriage. In partnership with Great Marriages, we offer marriage enrichment, premarital sessions and relationship building through Prepare/Enrich.
What does Relationship mentoring look like?
Couples who sign up for relationship mentoring will complete the Prepare/Enrich assessment (which costs $35). We'll then partner you with mentors from our Marriage Ministry Team to complete 6-10 sessions together. With your mentors, you will learn to:
- Listen and learn about one another's needs and fears
- Practice loving negotiation and compromise
- Truly understand one another's values
- Maintain respect, appreciation, and admiration
what does premarital mentorship include?
Couples considering premarital mentorship will complete the Prepare/Enrich assessment (which costs $35) and will be partnered with mentors from our Marriage Ministry Team. Together with your mentors and using the Prepare/Enrich materials, you will:
- Identify areas of strength and opportunities for growth
- Improve your communication
- Increase your ability to resolve conflict
- Help to define expectations