Hello, OSM Families!
We had an amazing time together as Oakwood Student Ministry Wednesday Night Fall Programming, which launched Sept. 7! This week is just as exciting!
Once again, Middle School students will gather in the Middle School Room, and High School in the High School Room at 6:30 p.m. Following a time of recreation, the two groups will gather together for worship in the High School Room. (The students rocked the place Wednesday night!). After worship, the Middle School students will return to the Middle School Room for the remainder of the evening. There will be a chalk talk from Philippians 1:3-11 separately for each group! Here are some of the questions we will be talking about in groups!
Theme: Partners in Spreading the Gospel (1:3-11)
- What does it mean to be a partner in spreading the Good News?
- Who began a good work in you, and who will finish that work? Why is that such good news?
- How did Paul feel about the Philippians, and why does that matter?
- What was his prayer for them?
- What will bring great glory and praise to God?
- How do we let the love of God overflow in our lives to help us love people that are hard to love?
- This week, how will your life reflect that you are a follower of Jesus?
In case you missed the announcement, there will not be a Student’s Retreat in September. We have scheduled a Fall Retreat for Middle School Students at Lake Waubesa Bible Camp Oct.28-30, so mark your calendar now! We will be getting you more details as we have them. Also, we will be taking Middle and High School Students to Districts Jan. 13-15, so put that one on the calendar now too!
I am so grateful for our OSM Volunteer Team. What a great group of parents and other volunteers who have stepped up to make it possible to have a phenomenal Student Ministry here at Oakwood during this time of transition. And thank you all for your prayers!
A JOY to serve JESUS with YOU!
OSM Volunteer Interim Coordinator