There are many promises in God's Word to encourage your hearts as you parent adoptive or foster children. Below are a few for you to cling to in joyful parenting moments and challenging ones. These words are promises for you and your children.
- James 1:5 - If you need wisdom, ask our generous God and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking (NLT).
- Isaiah 58:9 - Then when you call, the Lord will answer. 'Yes, I am here,' He will quickly reply (NLT).
- Ephesians 1:11-12 - It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone (MSG).
- Psalm 103:13 - As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him (NIV).
- Psalm 116:1-2 - I love the Lord for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live (NIV).
- 1 Samuel 16:7b - ...People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart (NIV).