"Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world." -James 1:27
Mission: Hope is Oakwood's orphan and foster care ministry. We seek to engage the community to be obedient to God’s Word by offering hope and compassionate care for vulnerable children and families, domestically and around the world. Mission: Hope has three focus areas:
- Prevention | Engaging with the community
- Intervention | Bringing hope to orphaned children and the families who support them
- Restoration | Providing caring support to orphaned children and their families
There are several families within Oakwood who have fostered and adopted children from our community and around the world! It's our privilege and duty to love on them and care for them as they fulfill the call God has given to them.
Resources + Opportunities to Support Mission: Hope
Take a look at these services and ministries that are either designed specifically for foster and adoptive families (denoted with an asterisk), or are designed for the Oakwood community to support those families.
- Mission:Hope Facebook Page
- Hope 4 Homes*
- Adoption / Foster Care Resources*
- Lace Up Run / Walk
- Orphan Sunday
- Operation Christmas Child
- Latvia Mission Trips
- Royal Family Kids Camp
- Praying for foster and adoptive families
- Empowered to Connect Conference
If you would like to learn more about ways in which you can support Oakwood's adoptive and foster families, please contact Nate Stenholtz.